Designing Your SoTL Project
Now comes the interesting part: designing a SoTL project of your own.
The Higher Education Quality Council of Ontario (HEQCO), the University of Guelph, and Western University provide useful links for planning a SoTL research projects:
Each of these sites also discusses the types of data collection strategies you might consider, such as:
- Interviews and focus groups
- Observational research
- Experiments and quasi- experiments
- Case studies
- Secondary analysis of analytical data that may already exist
It is up to you to select the method that best suits your problem and intent.
The sample worksheet for planning a SoTL project, shown here, is provided through the link from Western University.
- Go to the template planning document at http://tiny.cc/extend-SoTL-plan.
- In the File menu on Google Docs, select the menu item to make a copy of the template file. Rename the file for yourself and your plan.
- Begin to build your own SoTL plan based on this module of study and its resource links.